Creating a badge is a simple process:
- Select 'Preparing Badges' from the left hand navigation bar, then select 'Managing Badges'
- Select the 'Create badge' button
- Work through the tabbed areas ('Details', 'Graphics', 'Criteria' and 'Badge attribute') defining and describing your badge
- At any point you can save the badge as a 'draft' and return at a later date to continue working on it
- When you are happy with your badge definition, select the 'Publish' button. Once published, your badge becomes available to issue to deserving recipients.
When you go to create your first badge you will need to ensure that you have a badge graphic made in order to be able to full create a badge and then issue that badge. Simply go to 'Preparing Badges' and choose 'Graphics Library'. You then select 'Create Graphic' in the top right hand corner of the page. Once you have done this process you will then be able to create a badge that can then be issued out.
Published badges can be withdrawn at any time. Withdrawing a badge makes it unavailable for issuing to any further recipients. A withdrawn badge can be republished, allowing it to be awarded to recipients.
Each badge requires a name, description, language choice and issuer. Optionally, you can choose to add an expiry period to the badge. The period is added to the batch issued date to determine the actual expiry date of the badge when issued to a recipient.
The badge criteria details why the badge was issued, the reason why the recipient received that badge and what they did to achieve it. This criteria can either be set upon your own website and a link provided or you can define this within openbadges.me.
You can set up your own attributes associated with your badges. These attributes will be included within your badge and can be accessed and displayed by the openbadges.me backpack.