Stored within each badge is the badge issuer profile. This is the person, team, department or organisation that the badge was issued from. You can issue badges from a single issuer or you can set-up multiple issuers to meet your needs.
Against each issuer, you need to set-up the following
- The issuer name
- The openbadges.me organisation the issuer is associated with
- Your website address
- A brief description of what your organisation does
- An optional logo
Note: If you amend your Issuer profile then only new badges issued will include the new profile information.
Issuers create, publish and award the badges to earners.
An issuer is a person or organization who awards badges to earners. The issuer is responsible for:
- creating and defining the badges
- deciding who to issue them to
- hosting the data for the badges they award.