We do update this policy from time to time, so please check on a regular basis.
The data controller of this website is MyKnowledgeMap Limited whose registered office is at 20 George Hudson Street, York, YO1 6WR, United Kingdom with company registration number 3954387.
If your school, college, university or employer has created your account then they will be the data controller for any data within your account during your association with them.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com or write to MyKnowledgeMap Ltd, 20 George Hudson Street, York, YO1 6WR, UK.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
Information we collect about you – All Users
When you register on the website we collect the following personal information.
- Email address
If you are registering for an Organisation Account we will additionally ask you for the name of your organisation, project or course.
In addition, as part of using the website, you may optionally enter the following information.
- Social media account links
- Contact details
We will only store information relating to any services or products you subscribe to.
Information we collect about you – Payment Details
We do not collect or process your credit or debit card details. These are however collected and processed by our payment processing service provider Stripe Payments Europe, Ltd (“Stripe”).
The collection and processing by these providers of your credit or debit card details and other personal data are governed by their respective terms and conditions. See https://stripe.com/gb/privacy for more information. Stripe may from time to time provide us with information regarding the credits and debits made to your card in order to enable us to verify payments.
Anonymous Information we collect
In addition to personal information we may also collect the following anonymous information.
- Your IP address
- The web browser and operating system software used
- The duration of visits
- Website usage data
We also use AddThis, which collects information in a non-personally identifiable way. You can opt out of this by visiting http://www.addthis.com/privacy/opt-out.
How we use this data
Any personal information you provide through the website will only be made available to relevant employees at MyKnowledgeMap.
We may use the information:
- To administer the website
- To enhance the Openbadges.me product
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you.
- Inform you of any changes to our website and the product
Email addresses may also be used for:
- Identification of misuse of the application, including the creation of images deemed to be offensive* or inappropriate
- Storage of badge details against an identifiable user property allowing for future functional enhancements
- Tracking and monitoring of host applications, when used as an integrated solution, in the event of misuse
Content that will be deemed offensive or inappropriate includes:
- Obscene content or graphic depictions of sexuality or violence.
- Content that infringes anyone’s rights, including intellectual property or other proprietary rights or rights or privacy or personhood.
- Content that is designed to harm MyKnowledgeMap Ltd or users (such as malicious code, viruses, spyware or malware).
- Content that is illegal or promotes illegal activities, including content that is deceptive, misleading, fraudulent or is designed to phish or perform other identity theft.
- Content that glamorizes or encourages alcohol, drug or tobacco use.
- Content that promotes gambling.
- Content that engages in the advertisement of illegal or controlled products or services.
- Content that is deceptive or fraudulent.
- Content that is harmful to minors.
- Content that is hate speech or degrades, intimidates, incites violence against or encourages prejudicial action against someone or a group based on age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, region, geographic location or other protected category.
Children and privacy
Our website does not target and is not intended to attract children under the age of 14. We do not knowingly solicit personal information from children under the age of 14 or send them requests for personal information.
If you intend to use the badge designer application with children under the age of 14 it is advised that this is done through an integrated delivery removing the requirement for end-users to provide an email address.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer's hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information about how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package.Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Store information about your preferences.The website can then present you with the information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website.We may show your relevant content, or provide the functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
Controlling information about you
We will not share your information with any third party without your consent unless we are required by law to do so, or in connection with any legal proceedings or defending our legal rights or as part of any sale or prospective sale of MyKnowledgeMap or its assets.
How Long We Retain Your Personal information
We may retain your Personal information as long as you are registered with Openbadges.me. You may close your account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. However, we may retain Personal information for an additional period as is permitted or required by applicable laws.
If your account is deleted your personal information will still be retained on backup or archival media for an additional period of time for legal, tax or regulatory reasons or for legitimate business purposes.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the Openbadges.me domains. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.